Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Days in Poland

Hi everybody. Here’s my blog. It’s about Poland. The plane ride was very boring – I had to wait for 5 hours in between planes. There is a six hour time difference in Poland. Here’s a view of Poland from the airplane.

I am here timber framing in Poland, and having fun. My mom is the timber frame project director.  Here is my  first morning meeting
This is the model of the synagogue that we are going to rebuild; a synagogue is a Jewish church. It is going to go in the Museum of the Polish Jews in Warsaw.
What I did for work my first day was making pegs, and planing boards. A peg is a piece of wood that is a cylinder for holding timber frame joints together .


A plane is a piece of metal that has a blade that sticks out under it to take the roughness off a board and to make it smoother.

 I can’t speak the language – it’s wierd! 


No comments:

Post a Comment